Last week I travelled to Hungary and whilst there my iPhone was using the T-Mobile H network. On the plane I used Airplane mode, once back in the UK I switched Airplane mode off and the phone began searching for a carrier (I am on o2). However the phone would not find o2 and kept saying it was still connected to T-Mobile H (Hungary).
After testing a few things, I was definitely on the o2 network but the phone displayed the carrier/network name incorrectly. I tried to manually change carrier, reboot phone, switch airplane mode on and off and resetting the network settings to no joy.
After restoring my iPhone in iTunes, the problem still remained! After hours of hair pulling frustration, I have now finally found the fix, to get the carrier name displaying properly then follow the below steps:
- Restore the iPhone in iTunes to 2.1 firmware, shift and click restore and select a 2.1 ipsw firmware file.
- Quickpwn the iPhone (using Quickpwn 2.1)
- Install Bootneuter using Cydia and run
- Flash the Bootloader using Bootneuter to the appropriate bootloader (either 3.9 or 4.6 depending on your iPhone), do not select neuter just keep all the sliders off and press ‘Flash’.
- Your iPhone will now have no signal/network at all
- Restore the iPhone to latest firmware using iTunes
- Quickpwn the iPhone (using Quickpwn 2.2)
- The iPhone should now be displaying the correct carrier name and should be fully unlocked/pwned :-)!
Hope this helps some equally frustrated people!